Terms & Conditions
1. CONTRACT. The Contract for a short-term holiday rental with May Cottage shall be made between the Client and the trading company Broad Oak Cottages. The contract will be entered into when Broad Oak Cottages confirms the booking either in writing or by e-mail and will be subject to all the following booking conditions.
2. PAYMENT. A deposit of £100 for rents of up to £500, £200 for rents up to £1000 or 25% of rents above this figure is payable if the booking is made more than 8 weeks (56 days) before the commencement of the rental. Non-payment of the balance of the rental on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the Client and any deposit forfeited. For bookings made less than eight weeks before the commencement of the rental the total rental fee is payable on booking. Payment can only be accepted by cheque, bank wire transfer or by PayPal by arrangement provided it is denominated in sterling (UK pounds) and received not less than 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental. Clients are responsible for paying any additional bank or currency charges. All payments shall be made to MC Wilson at The Counting House, Oddington Road, Stow-on-the-Wold, GL54 1AL. For payments from overseas, Broad Oak Cottages will provide the necessary banking details for wire or other bank transfers.
3. CANCELLATION. Any cancellation made by the Client for whatever reason shall be confirmed in writing (or by e-mail with request for acknowledgement) addressed to Broad Oak Cottages. The following cancellation charges will apply: (a) More than 56 days before commencement of the holiday. Loss of deposit.( b) Less than 56 days before commencement of the holiday when full payment has been made Broad Oak Cottages will seek to re-let the property for the period of the booking. If Broad Oak Cottages is successful in re-letting the property for the whole period it shall refund the full amount less an administration charge of £30. If Broad Oak Cottages is successful in re-letting only part of the booked period it shall refund an amount equal to the amount paid less (a) the rental for the period which is not let on a pro-rata basis and (b) administration charge of £50. If Broad Oak Cottages is unable to re-let the property at all then all monies paid by the client shall be forfeit to Broad Oak Cottages.
4. CANCELLATION INSURANCE. Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but Broad Oak Cottages does strongly recommend such insurance cover to protect against the cancellation penalties.
5. VAT. Broad Oak Cottages is not registered for VAT purposes and no VAT will be levied.
6. PERIOD OF HIRE. Rentals commence, unless otherwise notified, at 4 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
7. NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY. The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed four except for an additional young child or baby by prior agreement. Broad Oak Cottages reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. The number of persons is to be agreed at the time of booking and any changes notified to Broad Oak Cottages in writing or by e-mail at least 24hrs in advance; it is essential that Broad Oak Cottages has this information in case of fire.
8. COMPLAINTS. Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property, it must be notified promptly to Broad Oak Cottages.
9. CARE OF THE PROPERTY. The Client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same place at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. We expect clients to leave May Cottage as clean and tidy as possible and not to treat the property as they might a hotel room.
10. BREAKAGES OR DAMAGE. The Client is legally bound to reimburse Broad Oak Cottages for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand; the latter will only be asked for when the property has been left in an unacceptable state.
11. PETS. Broad Oak Cottages does not normally accept pets except by special arrangement in advance.
12. LIABILITY. Broad Oak Cottages, its employees and agents does not accept third party liability in respect of breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation or otherwise.
13. WARRANTIES. Broad Oak Cottages does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by any of its servants or agents.
14. RIGHT OF ENTRY. Broad Oak Cottages shall, subject to consultation with the tenant, be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times to carry out any emergency repairs, pre-arranged cleaning or essential maintenance.
15. CHILDREN. Guests must accept responsibility for their children’s safety and behaviour.
16. SMOKING. May Cottage is a strictly ‘no smoking’ property.
17. FORCE MAJEURE. Broad Oak Cottages shall not be liable for any delay or nonperformance of its obligations under the Contract to the extent that the performance is interrupted or prevented by any act or omission beyond its reasonable control. Broad Oak Cottages shall, as soon as reasonably practicable upon it becoming aware of the same, notify you.
18. COVID-19. If a guest is displaying signs of the Covid-19 virus while staying in May Cottage, they should consult the NHS and be prepared to return home immediately. Should this not be possible and it becomes necessary to remain beyond the end of the contracted period the guest(s) will be expected to pay for any additional costs incurred by the owner in respect of unavoidable changes to subsequent bookings.